SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Friday, December 16, 2011

LIFE LOTTERY WINNER



Have you ever wondered what the fascination is with winning a lottery? 

Particularly one that is about money.

People ask each other, "What would you do with ten million dollars?"  

So?  

What would you do? 

When you really put some thought into this question it is not that easy to answer.

Now, I'll ask you another question:

When you wake up and face a new day, what is your first thought? 

Are you miserable and discouraged at the prospect of facing yet another day?

Or, do you bound out of bed and thank the Gods (whichever yours is) that you are alive? Do you feel happy, maybe even lucky, that you've been given another chance to live, learn and laugh?

Well...when you wake up, each and every day, YOU are a winner of the Life Lottery!

What you have won is 24 hours, or 1,440 minutes, or 86,400 seconds - depending on how you look at it.

Question is: What will you do with your winnings?

Spend wisely - but spend it all and enjoy your day; maximize every one of those winning seconds because once they are gone - they are gone forever.

Every day is a lottery and if you are one of the lucky ones that actually wins, by waking up tomorrow, remember this:

No amount of money, fame or good looks guarantees a winning ticket in the Life Lottery - it truly is a game of chance.

So tomorrow, when you wake up, think long and hard about how you view your day - just in case your luck doesn’t hold.

May your winning streak continue - for a long, long time!

_______________________

Footnote

It is that time of year again where many of us will pause to reflect on all the 'should'vecould've  would'ves' and start planning our long list of resolutions in hopes, that one of these years, we’ll “change” and be the perfect being we think we need to be to get through this life.

Pause for a moment and reflect on what is around you right now, and embrace it, for tomorrow it may be gone. Take one day at a time; enjoy the moment you’re in right now, and smile.

Many of us have hard roads to travel, heavy burdens to carry, all while climbing non-stop uphill - but the choice is still ours to make...we can suck it up and smile while struggling, or we can wallow in it and add to our own misery.

Again...pick wisely, today’s moments are tomorrow’s memories - how do you want to remember today!


How do you spend your winnings from the Life Lottery?


Thank you for following, for commenting, for being out there, and in here. 

 Jenny'

31 comments:

  1. This is such an inspirational post! I love "when you wake up each and every day, YOU are a winner of the Life Lottery!" Jenny, you have such a positive outlook that spreads so much cheer! Thanks for listing me under your Blogs of Note! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I'm going to spend my "lottery winnings" today NOT stressing the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so true, absolutely perfectly said Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I'm guilty of focusing on "should haves," etc, and working hard to change that habit. This is a great reminder of what a blessing it is just to be alive and even have the opportunity to worry about regrets. Beautifully written, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such a wonderful way of looking at things! Made me start my day with a smile. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ten million bucks would give me some more options to work with, but you're right about the daily winnings that we get. I look forward to each day when I wake, but I tend to waste a lot of time--not always of my doing either. There are so many distractions and things that get in my way that it's frustrating, but I guess even those should be taken as surprise packages that can lead to unexpected things.

    Good reminder for us all.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Jenny :) I want to wish you Merry Christmas, I'm off for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful to remember! I had a little epiphany recently when I heard someone talk about our expectations and how they color our lives. This person suggests telling ourselves that "something good is going to happen today" It's amazing how much I feel like a winner when I remember to say this phrase, because I suddenly become aware of all the good things that are happening all the time. It's the bad things that get the most attention...but really life is a winning experience if we can only change our perspectives. Great post! I'm inspired to think of life as a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool post. I'm not a morning person, so I'm not the most cheerful person when I wake up (I've been told I snarl. Whatever), but I am thankful for my health and the fact that I CAN get out of bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great reminder of how lucky many of us are.

    Thanks so much for joining the Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. feeling lucky in the morning? You must be talking about some aliens not us humans, sister Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a positive post and an excellent reminder to treasure the simple things and build from there. I'm going to remember this tomorrow morning when I wake up!

    Thank you for reposting this today and helping to make our blogfest so special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know how I spend my life's lottery? Hiking. It's the one time my mind calms and I can actually 'enjoy' a moment. Of course, the monetary lottery would make the rest of life easier for me ;}

    ReplyDelete
  15. A post jam packed full of wisdom! I love it! Yes, every day is a gift, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most days I wake up not wanting to get up because it is so early and I don't like starting my day before the sun comes up.
    I do know that we are not guaranteed a certain length of time on this earth.
    I just wish my day started later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome post my friend. I like to think that most mornings I wake up with a positive attitude, although Christmas working in a post office can test that somewhat.

    Thankyou for helping lift my mood the other day. You are a special lady

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every day is a blessing and we need to remember it as such! It's a possibility we weren't guaranteed the night before.
    And welcome to the A to Z Challenge Team!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very timely re-post, and an excellent reminder to be grateful. Nice to meet you through this blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to all of you for stopping by...your comments are amazing!

    Happy thoughts, and Smile...you're alive! (lucky little Lottery winners that we all are)

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  21. My first thought when I wake up to face a new day is...
    "Oh, thank God, I'm still alive."
    One of my last thoughts before I go to bed is of family and friends (including those on Blogger)...
    It is then I consider myself the winner of Life's Lottery.
    This is followed by...
    "Oh, God, I hope I'm still alive in the morning."
    Because, seriously, how'd you like to be Mrs. Penwasser waking up to ex-Al?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very thought-provoking post! I hit the life lottery with my family.

    Nice to meet you through the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous7:08 am

    Every day above the ground is a good day! Its a gift that should be cherished. Spending time with family is the most fun I can have.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My eyes got a little moist reading this. It's so important to remember. Sometimes we're so caught up in the future and our goals, that we neglect to see the wealth we already have around us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the way you put it--as a "Life Lottery". It certainly gives it a different perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a perspective well worth remembering. How do you want to remember today? What a good question!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I won! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey feller canuck, good stuff here!

    mornings begin the same way, regardless of season... dog wants out, then his main meal... since i chose him, and he me... that's my first job

    while life has kicked me in the teeth many times, i still manage to write... some

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - I'm totally feeling the Lucky Vibes - a big thank you to everyone that stopped by, read what I had to say, and left a comment.

    You all rock!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like this question.

    How would I spend my winnings? I'd either write full time or pay for my 2nd MA without taking loans. I'd make sure I had a house with good windows and a yard that didn't need work. I'd travel with my kids and husband more. I'd give to charity. And I'd leave a lot in the bank for retirement. Best of all, I'd worry less.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.