In my quest to join a Writers Group I was asked to fill out the following Proust Questionnaire.
I did wonder if my answers would determine whether I would make a worthy addition to the group.
In years past, I have read the Proust Questionnaire at the back of Vanity Fair; on occasion I have read it elsewhere.
I have often wondered what my answers would be - well, I wonder no longer.
For your amusement, here's what makes me TICK.
|My assistant - ring in nose, or nose in ring…|
either way - Wee Dog is contemplating her own answers.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
. My idea of perfect happiness is reading in bed, Wee Dog snuggled close by, and rain playing on the roof and decks. Bliss!
2. What is your greatest fear?
. I can’t say I have a ‘greatest fear’ - at least not yet.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
. I admire three - Me, Myself and I - they have never let me down.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
. Living vicariously through the lives that have graced my space.
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
. I didn’t know virtues could be overrated - if anything I think many are underrated.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
. When asked a question were the truth would hurt.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
. Nothing - I like what looks back at me in the mirror, always have.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
. I prefer not to despise people.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
. “Hmmm, really…”
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
. My daughter and Wee Dog - they both get top billing.
16. When and where were you happiest?
. I am happiest in the NOW.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
. The ability to carry a tune.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
. Preferring my own company when I have been privileged to have friends that would like my company. Bless them!
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
. Getting this far in life without doing life.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
. I’d come back as me - better the devil I know...
21. Where would you most like to live?
. With grandfather in the Alps.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
. A childhood doll.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
. The state of unhappiness.
24. What is your favourite occupation?
. The one I’ve done for 31 years - being my own boss.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
. My sense of humour tied for first place with my optimistic outlook on life.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
. Loyalty, compassion, and patience - mostly patience; I can be a trying friend!
27. Who are your favourite writers?
. J M Barrie, Jane Austen
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
. I don’t have a particular hero of fiction.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
. In real life my mom and dad are my heroes; they taught me to work hard, pay my dues, show gratitude, and to value integrity.
31. What are your favourite names?
. Moo-tastic and Lucky Lucky Pow Pow
32. What is it that you most dislike?
. Questions that are vague - and dishonesty.
33. How would you like to die?
. In a fit of laughter.
34. What is your motto?
. “She who helps herself is in good hands.”-JW Pearson
My closing question to you -
Have you ever answered these questions?
If not, do so now and post them!
I’d like to know what makes you tick!