Tuesday, April 19, 2016

M, N, O and now P is for Proust Update


I HAVE A REALLY GOOD THEME 

IT’S LOW CARB, HIGH FAT (On Twitter #LCHF)

And right now I’m entrenched in a book titled The Autoimmune Solution, by Amy Myers, MD. 

I can’t put it down. I highly recommend it TO EVERYONE.

BUT today...


My good buddy
and 
proud new Papa
is doing a repost for P.

So I’m doing one too.

So there.

Back on July 14, 2014 I posted my answers to a PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE I was asked to fill out...

by…

well, I’d rather not say…

it would mean I’d have to resort to being a MEAN GIRL (that’s my M)…

and possibly show my NASTY SIDE (definitely my N)… 

which might cause me to throw out a few OBSCENITIES (my O my)…

if I was forced to tell you who “insisted” I fill out this PQ as part of the prerequisite for “joining” her little writers club…


BELOW are the questions and my original answers.

The stuff added in blue is what my answers would be if I was asked these questions today.


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness is reading in bed, Wee Dog snuggled close by, and rain playing on the roof and decks. Bliss!

2. What is your greatest fear?
I can’t say I have a ‘greatest fear’ - at least not yet.
When I wrote that answer I already knew about my PBC diagnosis.  Now, in light of my friend getting a quadruple bypass the other day I think losing a loved one would indeed qualify as a greatest fear.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination 
My inability (or lack of desire) to filter utterances that qualify as “not very nice” when someone annoys me.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Procrastination
Being ungrateful, and thankless.

5. Which living person do you most admire?
I admire three - Me, Myself and I - they have never let me down.
I now admire four - the aforementioned three, and Miss CP (aka my daughter, Courtney) who stepped up to the plate when the going got tough.

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Living vicariously through the lives that have graced my space.

7. What is your current state of mind?
Determined
Still determined - but more so.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I didn’t know virtues could be overrated - if anything I think many are underrated. 

9. On what occasion do you lie?
When asked a question were the truth would hurt.

10.   What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Nothing - I like what looks back at me in the mirror, always have.
Damn, I do get better looking the older I get - so… I really still like my answer. I hope you all like what looks back at you too!

11.   Which living person do you most despise?
I prefer not to despise people.

12.   What is the quality you most like in a man?
Humour

13.   What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Humour

14.   Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Hmmm, really…”

15.   What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My daughter and Wee Dog - they both get top billing.

16.   When and where were you happiest?
I am happiest in the NOW.

17.   Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to carry a tune. 

18.   If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Preferring my own company when I have been privileged to have friends that would like my company. Bless them!

19.   What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting this far in life without doing life.
Looking at life now, I consider “having an open mind”(with something in it) and “the willingness to break from convention” (without killing anyone) to be my greatest achievements to date.

20.   If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I’d come back as me - better the devil I know…

21.   Where would you most like to live?
With grandfather in the Alps.
Well, that Alp thing hasn’t worked out so… hmmm… give me a minute.

22.   What is your most treasured possession?
A childhood doll.
And, my mind.

23.   What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
The state of unhappiness.

24.   What is your favourite occupation?
The one I’ve done for 33 years - being my own boss.
Being right. Oh, and there’s that frank outspoken thing I failed to mention earlier.

25.   What is your most marked characteristic?
My sense of humour tied for first place with my optimistic outlook on life.

26.   What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty, compassion, and patience - mostly patience; I can be a trying friend! 
The above still holds, but as for being a trying friend… what was I thinking! You’d be damn lucky to have me as a friend. 

27.   Who are your favourite writers?
J M Barrie, Jane Austen
J. Bushman - damn fine writer. Note the first initials of my favs - all J's. 
Hmmm J. Pearson is also a fav of mine, hehehehehe, What? One should be proud of their accomplishments. 

28.   Who is your hero of fiction?
I don’t have a particular hero of fiction.

29.   Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Cleopatra 
Beryl Markham - remarkable woman, and free spirit.

30.   Who are your heroes in real life?
In real life my mom and dad are my heroes; they taught me to work hard, pay my dues, show gratitude, and to value integrity.

31.   What are your favourite names?
Moo-tastic and Lucky Lucky Pow Pow

32.   What is it that you most dislike?
Questions that are vague - and dishonesty.

33.   How would you like to die?
In a fit of laughter.

34.   What is your motto?
“She who helps herself is in good hands.”-JW Pearson



Question for this post - Have you ever answered these questions? (feel free to cut/paste/and answer them in a post some time)







PS - for those of you dropping by and leaving comments - thanks. I’m sorry for the lack of reply. I will do proper posts to make up for those that are missing. Fear not… the Low Carb High Fat saga does continue.

I could make up some lame assed excuse, but let's just be frank, shall we, I'm just way busier than you. Or was that way lazier than you… hmmm… busier really does sound better… so, that's what I'll go with. See, that's what I would say if I didn't filter my utterances. Just sayin'...



Note: For those of you really interested in taking responsibility for your health I have a blog roll called TO YOUR HEALTH - start there. You’ll soon be feeling empowered. These are serious doctors and researchers whose work will change your life.


10 comments:

  1. I don't know about occasion, but I know on which bed I lie: my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee...hee...hee...lay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lay or lie, you're a funny guy!

      I found the questions (the first time) to be annoying in their structure, and I feel the same way now. What was Proust thinking? Actually, me thinks the bimbette who asked me to answer these (the first time) changed them to suit her needs. She can lay or lie when she drops like a fly (a little bit of rhyming for Mr.Hatt and his Hip Cat).

      Delete
  3. poop happens. A couple days mine didn't get posted until late. Off got completely changed due to mood. Just go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post...and I'm doing high fat low carb...just a side-note.

    Donna
    Mainely Write
    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha we agree, we'd rather come back as us too. The devil you know is better indeed. Ugg to procrastination at many a feed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you crack me up!! Thanks for admiring me Mum, I admire you too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on greatest fear. I don't think I fear my own death as much as I fear the death of a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check in on that fav writer of yours. He's in hiding,I believe!

    Thank You. great friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

I'd give you a penny for them, but alas we just snuffed it out. Yup...gone!
It's all about the nickel now...so at this rate you can leave 5 thoughts!

Cheers, Jenny

NOTE: Comment Moderation is ON for posts older than 14 days.