Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Lucky...


My theme is Low Carb High Fat. 
(#LCHF on Twitter)

But, that’s not all - it’s about a journey to better health. 
It is about two women. 
One at death’s door, the other not far behind.

As you follow this journey you will be surprised by what you read here. I hope it impacts you and causes you to question what mainstream medicine is doing to you, and those you love.



Here we go… 

L is for Lucky... 


The day is almost done - I had a post lined up but today has been a day and a half.

My daughter, the ever interesting Miss Courtney, who is also participating in this year’s A to Z Challenge HERE, turns 29 today at 11:28pm.


WOW - hard to fathom where the time goes.


She just let me know she’s arrived at her birthday destination (Harrison Hot Springs Resort - a family favourite) and is enjoying the chocolate dipped strawberries I ordered to go with the champagne I sent along for her and her hubby to enjoy.


How lucky. 


Lucky for me to see my daughter turn 29. To be part of her life and know she is thriving and prospering. What more can a parent hope for. 

Lucky for me to know she works in an industry that stokes her passionWe both agree you don’t really work at a job if you love what you do.

Lucky for me to know she is happy in her relationship. Again, what more can a parent hope for.


Today I had some sad news… I'm still digesting it.


A longtime friend is facing open heart surgery. She went in for tests this morning, found out she has 90% blockage in the main artery, 75% blockage in almost everything else.

No options - she was booked right then and there - her operation is tomorrow. I don’t know how she’s coping.

But.

How lucky.

How lucky we live in Canada where right then and there something like open heart surgery can be booked. 

How lucky to have another chance at living. 

Because, until she has this operation she’s not. 

In fact, she’s lucky this was caught, it could have gone in such a different direction.


How did this affect me?


It made me realize how really lucky I am

And how thankful I am for all the abundance that surrounds me.


How about you?


What does it take for you to realize how truly lucky you are?


Looks like this little car ride took an unexpected turn into uncharted territory. Good thing it’s an all-terrain vehicle - but, more importantly, good thing I’ve got you along to make this ride a little less daunting.


Thanks… 








8 comments:

  1. We are lucky to be living in a country where it doesn't cost money to have this done and that we don't have to go into debt to save our life or the life of a loved one. She is lucky to have gone when she did and listened to her body. This does remind us how lucky we are that we are healthy overall. A happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really look at it as luck when things happen. But, I am grateful. I guess back when Kiddo could have died, I looked at things differently. You can call it dumb luck that I happened to be in the house instead of outside. I am just grateful. I hope all is well with your friend. And happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts Jenny for your friend - I sure hope all will be well - amazing things can happen and let's hope this works for her and her family.

    Yes we have so much to be lucky for ... lovely to read about Courtney and her birthday and hubby etc ... all the best to you - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your friend's surgery went well. It is amazing what they can with cardiac surgery these days compared to the "old days". Happy belated birthday to your daughter.

    I think when we hear of a friend/family member that has a health problem like this, we do start to appreciate our health a bit more and then try to make some changes to keep ourselves in the best health possible.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try not to use the words luck or lucky, but I do feel like a lucky person or maybe more appropriately said, Fortunate.

    Happy birthday to your daughter. She sounds like one who has fortunate life circumstances and you are a lucky mom.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather be lucky than good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post Mum! <3 Thanks for all the birthday wishes you guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree it pays to be grateful for what we consider good luck. And if you don't think you're lucky, just look around you. There's always someone worse off than you. So thank your lucky stars, be grateful, and keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

I'd give you a penny for them, but alas we just snuffed it out. Yup...gone!
It's all about the nickel now...so at this rate you can leave 5 thoughts!

Cheers, Jenny

NOTE: Comment Moderation is ON for posts older than 14 days.