Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Juice - what's in yours?


My theme is Low Carb High Fat. 
(#LCHF on Twitter)

But, that’s not all - it’s about a journey to better health. 
It is about two women. 
One at death’s door, the other not far behind.

As you follow this journey you will be surprised by what you read here. I hope it impacts you and causes you to question what mainstream medicine is doing to you, and those you love.



Here we go… 

J is for Juice - what’s in yours?


Do you drink fruit juice? 

Do you juice your fruit? 

You throw out the pulp and keep the liquid, right? 
Cuz it’s good for you, right?

WRONGO - You get the booby prize if you think drinking the liquid (sugar water) produced by juicing fruits is good for your health.


Here… look at this chart comparing CocaCola to Apple Juice and Orange Juice:



Look at the amount of sugar in what we normally think of as healthy juices.

Shocking, eh!

So what about juicing your own? Is it better?

Well - the trick is to focus on the GREEN stuff. Mostly green veggies - mixed with a handful of berries - make great juices. 

Green juices are full of living micronutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes that give a healthy boost to your immune system.

Kids are the ones that suffer the most because parents are not paying close enough attention to beverages passing themselves off as healthy.

Some of the so-called Healthy Juices are nothing more than glorified sugar water which we pay a small fortune to the following companies that pressure us with powerful advertisements targeted at our children.

Oxfam International has made this graphic showing how a handful of corporations control nearly everything we buy at the grocery store.
SOURCE

The graphic focuses on 10 of the world's most powerful food and beverage companies: Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Unilever, Danone, Mars, Mondelez International, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nestle, and Associated British Foods.
Time to take back control of what these companies pass off as nutritious and wholesome. 
If it is sold in a bottle and has sugar in it - it is BAD for your health.
Here are other names for SUGAR: 
The following lists is complements of a post called How To Spot Sugar on Food Labels.
Sugars ending in -ose include: Sucrose, Maltose, Dextrose, Fructose, Glucose, Galactose, Lactose, High fructose corn syrup, Glucose solids
Just because it doesn't end in -ose, however, doesn't mean it isn't sugar. There are plenty of other names as well that may or may not sound like sugar. 

Regardless of how they sound, the following are all sugar:
Cane juice, Dehydrated cane juice, Cane juice solids, Cane juice crystals, Dextrin, Maltodextrin, Dextran, Barley malt, Beet sugar, Corn syrup, Corn syrup solids, Caramel, Buttered syrup, Carob syrup, Brown sugar, Date sugar, Malt syrup, Diatase, Diatastic malt, Fruit juice, Fruit juice concentrate, Dehydrated fruit juice, Fruit juice crystals, Golden syrup, Turbinado,  Sorghum syrup, Refiner's syrup, Ethyl maltol, Maple syrup, Yellow sugar

Okay, wasn’t that a little scary - NOW you’ll look at water in a whole different light. 

Question for this post - Do you have a favourite green juice recipe you’d like to share?









Note: For those of you really interested in taking responsibility for your health I have a blog roll called TO YOUR HEALTH - start there. You’ll soon be feeling empowered. These are serious doctors and researchers whose work will change your life.


8 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I know we differ a little bit in terms of what constitutes "bad juice" as I typically do a mix of fruit and veggies, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For me it's more about if nature made it then I'm cool eating/drinking it (everything in moderation of course). It's the processed fake stuff you really need to keep an eye on, like you said in your post.

    Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only drink grape juice, when sick.. otherwise coffee and the occasional soda-pop.

    Welcome in the letter "J"... thank you!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2016]

    Stop over and find a free "SIX STRINGS: BLOGGING AtoZ CHALLENGE" Here: http://www.jmhdigital.com/

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to double check my OJ I buy since it is, I realize, local...Beatrice Orange Juice. The ingredients are water and oranges. I looked at the other list...the most was potassium at 15% and sugars at 9%. I only put a 1/4 in the glass and the rest with soda water....water with fizz which I love and can't do without. I do drink water but whenever I drink what the experts say to drink, I throw up! I feel nauseous and if I jump up and down( which I don't do as I would throw up even more), I sound like a bottle of water...you can hear the water in me. It's really weird but my mom and her dad had the same issues.....weird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the chart. I'm afraid to eat lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't juice things. I will make a smoothie and get in all the fiber. My daughter loves one that I make with frozen banana, peanut butter, flax meal, cocoa powder, and kale. Can be sweetened with a bit of honey. Add water just to blend. I have also added avocado before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I not only read the labels of my juice, I read the labels of my bottled water! Did you know that most water is bottled locally, even if the brands are nationally distributed? I'm really picky about my water because I can taste the difference.

    Oh, yeah, you were talking about juice. Most juices are too sweet for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny - I've never drunk juices - yes I'll have the occasional one ... I'll eat an orange or some fruit. Green juices are amazing ... and I'm sure if I had little ones I'd juice and eat the residue: I did for a while .. but I prefer whole veg and whole fruits ... and I have always drunk lots of water ...

    Wonderful set of information here for everyone - those big boys do control so much of our lives ... being individual is better - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

I'd give you a penny for them, but alas we just snuffed it out. Yup...gone!
It's all about the nickel now...so at this rate you can leave 5 thoughts!

Cheers, Jenny

NOTE: Comment Moderation is ON for posts older than 14 days.