Thursday, April 07, 2016

F is for Food Chart - the right one.


My theme is Low Carb High Fat. 
(#LCHF on Twitter)

But, that’s not all - it’s about a journey to better health. 
It is about two women. 
One at death’s door, the other not far behind.

As you follow this journey you will be surprised by what you read here. I hope it impacts you and causes you to question what mainstream medicine is doing to you, and those you love.


Here we go… 

F is for Food Chart -  the right one.

Okay - yesterday you had a chance to see all the delicious meal options available to those following a LOW CARB HIGH FAT diet.

Again, I can’t stress enough - the word diet is not to be confused with a starvation style, calorie cutting eating plan

We all have a diet - it means “what we eat” and the important thing to remember is we need to eat to exist

It’s what we chose to eat that determines if we lead a disease free life or one riddled with chronic pain and suffering.

Remember that side trip to Egypt I mentioned - well, we actually don’t need to leave the room to see a real live Food Pyramid up close.
(This Food Pyramid is from Dr. Ted Naiman's site, Burn Fat Not Sugar - on this PAGE.)

Mom and I have a copy of this one pinned on our kitchen walls. It’s never far from view. I suggest you print a copy out and start using it. 

See, I did add real pyramids… because they are truly spectacular.

Like these majestic pyramids THE ABOVE FOOD PYRAMID symbolizes a time in history when man drank water for thirst, foraged off the land, and worshipped gods, giving thanks for the abundance.

Now let’s look at the various food “pyramids” recommended by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) to promote balanced eating. 

1992 - USDA Food Guide Pyramid



2005 - USDA MyPyramid

Where are the GOOD FATS on this Pyramid?


2011 - MyPlate (this ended 19 years of using the Pyramid format)

Note - there is NO section representing GOOD FAT.

And not to be out done - here’s Canada’s attempt at influencing the dietary choices of Canadians.

1992  - Canada’s Food Guide




2015 - “Eat Well Plate” 
Check that DOT of OIL - whose interest is THAT serving?
This EAT WELL PLATE is accompanied by a “My Food Guide” mobile app. 

Seriously! Like a mobile Food Guide app going to be such a success. NOT

Oh, let’s see… my Knights and Dragons mobile video game (which my daughter is a Lead Designer on) or My Food Guide - that, folks, is a no brainer. Bring on the new epic BOSS, I’m ready to do battle.

Note the differences between the actual “real” eating pyramid at the top, and the rest.

Who do you think has a BIG HAND in shaping these food guides? 

Come on folks - this is not a tough question…

Answer: The wheat growers, potato farmers, soy producers, sugar companies… the snack producers, let’s not forget the soft drink empires. 

And, then there’s BIG PHARMA - those pharmaceutical companies who really have your best interests at heart, right in the heart of their bank accounts.

Point is… think for yourself. 

We’ve had to do our own thinking for thousands of years why are we letting folks who don’t give a damn about our well-being make these life altering decisions for us?

Take back control of what you put in your mouth, and ultimately your body. 

Give a damn.

And you’ll be damned surprised at the results.

Well, this part of the journey was meant to help open your eyes to the scenery around you - pay attention to what you put in your shopping cart. Tomorrow… we go inside the body, here’s where we get gutsy!


Cheers, Jenny

Note: For those of you really interested in taking responsibility for your health I have a blog roll called TO YOUR HEALTH - start there. You’ll soon be feeling empowered. These are serious doctors and researchers whose work will change your life.

8 comments:

  1. I have been living this since Dec. 14, 2015, and have lost 28 pounds, gone off BP meds and been taken off the "early diabetes" list to start meds soon. I have read "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog" by Grant Peterson (an easy read) and have started "Eat Fat, Get Thin" by Mark Hyman, MD (with more in-depth research). Both are excellent for getting started and continuing on in a new healthy path! I am so, so grateful for these books and their insights into the misguided "tips" we've been given over the past years and the downright lies we've been fed. Pair the right foods with "My Fitness Pal" a FitBit or UP band and you have the makings of a real healthy EASY life and health changing experience - easily carried with you forever! (as long as the government doesn't start monitoring your intake of fats and decide they must make them impossible to get).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - I've always eaten what suits me ... and have adapted my eating habits since my late teens ... I have my own 'schedule' and if I move out of it then I feel really ill ...

    It's so good to have this information ... it's common sense and being sensible re what we need ...

    I'm so pleased you and your mother have improved health ..cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. a thorough exploration....my food habits have changed over the last few years

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I'm hypoglycemic so I really limit the bread and no sugar except a little honey. I love my fruit so I have apples, oranges, mangoes, all berries. Sorry but I love my fruit. I just can't eat bananas-too much starch. I have cheated because I have such a sweet tooth but I do my best to keep that in check. We do have plenty of fish

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No pizza? Where's the pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another interesting post! Great work Mum! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pyramid has diet soda on it. Maybe Zevia because it is sweetened with stevia, but artificial sweeteners are bad. So, I don't agree with that. And I'd rather eat more veggies than meat. I only eat as much meat as I do because of the mister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter how the ingredients are disguised, and manufacturers are very good at disguising empty calories and simple carbohydrates like sugar, if there is a long list of ingredients, your healthy drink is probably anything but. franchise poke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

I'd give you a penny for them, but alas we just snuffed it out. Yup...gone!
It's all about the nickel now...so at this rate you can leave 5 thoughts!

Cheers, Jenny

NOTE: Comment Moderation is ON for posts older than 14 days.