Thursday, February 06, 2014

Global Twitter/Blogger Happiness Project - finding rhythm and resolve.


Happiness is… ?? You tell me.


Okay, I confess, this whole staying focused on "What is happiness to me?" is work but I must say it is having a positive effect. 

Let me share with you a little of what’s been going on over her in my world…

Mother has been recovering from a stroke which affected her cerebellum - the balance centre of the brain - and has been in rehab since December 13th - and was in hospital for five weeks prior to that.

Needless to say, I’ve been a busy daughter. 

It’s taxing - stressful - painful - and heartbreaking.

Hence my need to find the “happiness” in all of this and that's where the Argentine Tango comes in.

I’m loving what it’s doing for me - and the music is so delicious, so soothing for my weary soul.

I have lessons twice weekly - and, I have homework! I’m smiling as I write this because, as I stated the other day, I am using my wide open kitchen to practice the walk, ocho and molinete steps.

Sometimes I wobble, but mostly I’m surprised at how much rhythm I have - who’d have thought!

Well, maybe I shouldn’t be all that surprised - I've loved dancing all my life, just never did the Tango.

See, it’s not to late to learn something new!

I just bought this album off iTunes.



Gosh, it’s beautiful music. I made a playlist with a few of the songs that were rated popular on iTunes - but I'll give them all a go and decide for myself.

I am going to love learning about the music and culture that accompanies the Argentine Tango.

Yes… I do think I found a little happiness today!


Hey… I want to shout out a sweet "thank you" to Elsie - who hooked me up with this music video - she said it reminds her of my Global Twitter/Blogger Happiness Project



Cheers, Jenny


How’s it going with you - are you asking “the question” daily?

What is happiness to me?” - yup, that’s the one!

I hope your days (and nights) are full of happiness and joy.

You deserve it!

10 comments:

  1. Happiness is finally waking up and not feeling sick after a dreadful week! Smiling here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Smiling is good - I even think it makes us recover faster!
      I'm glad you're on the mend - hope a full recovery is imminent.

      Cheers, Jenny

      Delete
  2. Hello Jenny! I hope your mom is making a full recovery. So sorry to know this. I do know the stress you describe. My mom and aunt are both elderly and the crises seem to come in waves. It is quiet now, so I am feeling happy like the dancing wonderful people in the video. Thanks for sharing that...I will pass it on on Facebook.

    Keep dancing dear Jenny! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa - mom probably will never be 100% - too much damage lingering from the stroke. Since it was rather mild there is a good chance she'll recover more than most. Here's hoping!

      How are your mom and aunt - you mention they are both elderly but how is their health? I know lots of elderly folks still in mint condition - that's my goal!

      Though I don't Facebook I'm totally happy that you would share my post - thank you, Lisa, you're so sweet. (big smile adorns my face)

      Hugs, Jenny

      Delete
  3. Dancing can be therapeutic. I took modern dance in college: a bit of ballet, some jazz, and performance dance.

    Did you ever see Last Tango in Paris, though? Avoid empty apartments. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DG - I have loved dancing all my life but never had the chance to do more than enjoy it casually (my ex was a good dancer).
      I bet your college dancing was fun! Do you still get out and do a little of it?

      I can't recall seeing Last Tango in Paris - but I will now! I recently watched Strictly Ballroom - what a lovely film. (I watched it twice, back to back)

      Cheers, Jenny

      Delete
  4. Happiness lies in the simple things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiness is knowing you! And you are so right, Claudia, it is in these little things we find true happiness.

      Hugs, Jenny

      Delete
  5. Glad your mom is recovering and homework? That's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom is a project! I'm not sure how long it took to build Rome but I'm hoping this will be a little quicker! Cheeky grin inserted here!

      As to the homework - yes, I'm required to practice my footwork! And at times I really do have to look for my right foot! Haha

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

I'd give you a penny for them, but alas we just snuffed it out. Yup...gone!
It's all about the nickel now...so at this rate you can leave 5 thoughts!

Cheers, Jenny

NOTE: Comment Moderation is ON for posts older than 14 days.