SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U is for Utterly Understandable... back by request.


Yes… there are those that hang on my every word… unimaginable to some, utterly understandable to others… I get you! 

This is for the pretty little girl… in need of entertainment whilst her sister, the one often overlooked, enjoys her bag of jelly beans. 

☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀

Communing with Mother Nature.
No... this was not taken first thing in the morning.
Yes... communing is an all day event.
Me... I'm getting ready to go to a hockey game.

☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  ☀

The day started, like most, with wee dog needing to commune with Mother Nature whereby wee dog could leave a little token of appreciation for the Master of its Universe.

The very exclusive and highly sought after European coffee machine had been turned on and was heating up as Master was tending to wee dog’s morning ritual.

Master’s means of communicating, with the entire galaxy, had also been activated en route to wee dog’s communion with Mother Nature.

With morning communion now complete and wee dog comfortably curled up, Master, with a perfectly brewed coffee in hand, could now officially start the day.

There were many, some even insurmountable, tasks to be performed by Master to ready the dominion for the arrival of the ‘blessing’ of Master’s Universe - Mini Master.

Mini Master’s arrival was of such importance that all other activities must be suspended and delayed so as to allow time for Master to be completely organized for this truly rare and special occurrence.

There was one concern.

Would Readers of Master’s galactic communication understand that today’s message was shorter then usual due to utterly unintentional universal undulations, caused by the unexpected and ultimately unplanned arrival of Mini Master.

Master was sure it would be utterly understandable!


When you are confronted with the unexpected what do you do? 

Cheers, Jenny


Footnote: this post made its first appearance for the 2011 A-Z Challenge. Some of you will, undoubtedly remember it - how could you possibly not - it is unforgettable! (hahahaha) 
The photo is a new addition though - see, something for everyone!

Truth is I really didn’t think I could top it - sometimes you just have to leave perfection alone! Ah… vanity be my name! 

For those needing a little help with the characters
Wee dog - Lucky, Luce, Lucyfer 
Master - Me… who else!
Mini Master - fruit of my loins, Miss CP, my daughter (aka Vancouver Mermaid)


18 comments:

  1. Agreed, utterly understandable under the circumstances.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cows would udderly understand what your saying!
    So Canadians like hockey eh? Weird!

    When confronted with something unexpected I usually tell them to go away. If I can't do that then I go away!

    As whacky as I am I don't really care for surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I could tell all my unexpecteds to go away too! I do sometimes feel like hiding on them, say in some tropical hideaway.

      I can't imagine you being whacky... crazy, yes, whacky no! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a perfect little post in my opinion Jenny. It's odd because I seen somebody I know saying on Twitter how cool it'd be to have a dog to curl up and watch television with and I whole heartedly agreed with them. Such a cosy and humorous piece, there's something about it that just makes me want to smile. You know how I feel about your talent when it comes to writing, this makes me miss regular Jenny posts so much, the cream of the blogging crop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there would be those that had not seen this back in 2011 so I risked it. Like I say using all those "U" words could not easily be topped - at least not without hurting my brain! hahaha

      Your kind comments, Matt, make writing these posts worth it! Thank you. :) :)

      Delete
  4. I just read "Pretty girl" - what a great post, Jenny!

    I agree, I'm glad you left this post alone - tis perfect.

    When I'm faced with something unexpected, I step back and take stock. I evaluate. Then I take action. That's the new me. The old me used to react in an instant but I've learned that isn't always the right way.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Elsie - glad to have you drop by.
      Thanks for checking out "Pretty girl" - true story (I posted it in the comment area of that post) :)

      Thanks for your nod of support for leaving this one alone. As I said to Matthew, it's hard to top the usage of so many great "U" words. Good enough excuse, eh!!

      I like the "new" you - it's the only way to handle the unexpected... well, there is the "ostrich" approach still employed by a few... but not us! We know better. :) :)

      Delete
  5. When things come up, you just have to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true, Ruth - and unfortunately I had a "mother" day the 23rd which ate into my writing time - there are a few drawback still to winging it! But, this was one of those times when hauling out the "good" stuff for company came in handy! *sheepish grin*

      Delete
  6. Love Hockey!! Well, let's be honest, I love it when they whip the crap out of each other.
    When something happens when I'm not prepared... I get prepared. Don't panic, stay calm, and get through it. I'm trying to teach my kids that. I have one that likes to freak out.
    Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, a fellow hockey nut! Good to know we are both enjoying the sport for the same reason. :):)

      Getting prepared is good - the not panicking part is tricky but necessary, as is the calm bit; I sometimes forget the calm bit! My daughter (I only have the one) does get a freaked out too if something unexpected happens - a work in progress. (one can only hope, eh) :)

      Delete
  7. When things come up unexpected...I punt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... the punt!
      Is that to mean "going long" in order to catch the unexpected... or is this one of those "nope I'll deal with the unexpected later" kinda punts... To punt or not to punt this is the question!!

      Good word! :) :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for the smile! Panic is an option too! :) :)

      Delete
  9. If, by 'communing,' you mean taking a poop in the yard, I'm with you.
    Unless it's not the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Sunday, Al, every Sunday... just sayin' :P

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.